Friday, July 5, 2013

TODA TRIBE AND THE TODA EMBROIDERY

 We had been to ooty and coonoor last holidays. In Ooty we saw the most ancient settlements of the Toda tribe.They belong to the Nilgiris in Tamilnadu.



The Toda embroidery is very fascinating. Todas always use black and red thread on a white background.




I also got the opportunity  to interact with toda women at work.Apart from the usual toda shawls,cushions,pouches ,mufflers they also make these embroidery on bedsheets and pillow covers.
 The black,red and white is such a wonderful combo.you really  will fall in love,the moment you set your eyes on them.





They also serve as a unique gifting option.

3 comments:

meg said...

Oh.. how you always bring out the real art of India and present to us... it's really marvelous... simple tones but great effect!

Vasudha Somayaji said...

I too love thier embroidary, planning to buy one when I visit Ooty..

Unknown said...

I agree with you. This post is truly inspiring. I like your post and everything you share with us is current and very informative, I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job.
Web Development Karachi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...